This article found on Rachel Zoe’s website is a really great buying guide! It’s going over 16 items that you need to have in your closet and splurge on. I completely agree, and after going through each one and doing a mental checklist, I realized I do have every single item. Up to date with a Rachel Zoe fashion checklist? LIFE COMPLETE! Buuut, this list is a little more splurgey than mine, so I put together a toned down version. Some of my items I have had for years and can continue to pull them out every fall/winter and wear them with new trend pieces.
1. clutch here (i’m dying for this and will be next on my list)
2. Leather Jacket here or here – I got one at Bebe (random) years ago on sale, but wear it every year. I like one that is fitted so you look feminine and can layer it and not look bulky. I have a faux leather taupe one from F21 as well and I love it just as much.
3. Chunky sweater here and here – Abercrombie is always my go-to for soft sweaters every year, and I have this huge chunky white one that I wear year round. Maybe I still have Fierce pumping through my veins… either way, you can always find one there.
4. Full skirt here – the midi skirt has been an IT item for a couple seasons and has become bigger this season. And the fuller the better.
5. Booties here – investing in real leather boots are worth it, I wear mine for many years. My favorite pair are from a consignment store and they fit like a glove.
7. Silk blouse here
8. As far as sunglasses go, I do not splurge on them because I either break or lose them. So it seems every year I’m getting new pairs here and there.
9. Jeans – these are my fav, but it’s all about the style and fit that works for you.
10. Chain bag – if you are going to splurge with a classic chain bag, it’s not as hard as you think. There are options out there for designer bags, and you don’t have to buy them new. You can always find me scavenging the back of consignment stores, I LOVE consignment stores. There are also cool sites like this for designer.
11. A tailored pant here
12. Stackable rings here – This site is great for jewelry that is in right now
13. Wrap dress – if you can’t go DVF, Banana always has a classic wrap dress. Pretty much every season.
15. Sleeveless striped top here – a striped tee always looks good under a blazer, jeans, or tucked into a full skirt.
16. Blazer here – one that is cut and tailored to be slimming
I hope you were able to be inspired by this checklist, most of the items you will be able to wear for years to come. And if you are like me, you wish Rachel Zoe would come back to Bravo… or narrate your life.